Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Small Reflection

In five days I will be in New York City. In six days I will be 21. Both of these are Big Exciting Things and are getting more exciting the closer they get. I should be terrified at least a little, right? Nope. False. That is not something that is in my mind right now at all. Now, It might be during the 2 hour plane ride where I will be trying really hard to not have a mental breakdown about flying through the air thousands of miles above solid ground in a giant piece of metal, but that is not right now thank goodness. I am excited. But not bouncing off the walls excited. I have an acting teacher who enjoys using the "little blue stove flame" as an example of quiet intense energy that a person will experience before a complete outburst, and that's where I feel like I am right now. It's a great feeling.
Ultimately, I am wondering how much my 2 weeks in the Springboard program will effect what I want to do with my life. I am an incredibly indecisive person and anytime someone asks me what I want to do with my life I don't know what to tell them. In a perfect world, I would listen to little seven year old optimistic me and move to New York City right out of college and be an actor. Unfortunately we don't live in a perfect world, of which the realist in my head keeps reminding me, so I become indecisive because I can't decide what other part of theatre I like the best because I like all of it. Which really isn't a bad problem to have until people tell you that you have to make a decision and then I want to tell them to go away and shut up because I can do anything. Or at least attempt to do anything because failure is bound to happen somewhere if you want to do everything, but that should never ever ever stop anyone from trying. Ever.
So, pretty much, these upcoming weeks are probably, in some way, going to be life-changing, or mind-changing, or something along those lines. This summer is going to be a big one....Bring it on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to leave comments or questions! I like knowing what people think :)