Monday, May 14, 2012

One Step Closer!

Today I received The Packet of Information from Springboard! It included yet another welcome letter, a map of NYC, info about dates, directions, clothing, resumes, monologues, housing, transportation, and a section saying they're still making an official schedule. So it's super exciting! But I'm still in the dark about what I'm going to be doing. But it's still SUPER EXCITING. One of my favorite parts of welcome letter #2 is when they tell me that they're going to show us "fulfilling jobs backstage...career possibilities that you may not have learned about it college."
This concept was so foreign to me because my first thought was: who doesn't learn about backstage stuff in college? We are required to do things outside of acting in order to graduate! And then I remembered not everyone goes to a liberal arts college. Right. Gold star for getting ahead of the curve!...kind of.
So anyways, now, I just want to start packing and making to do lists and anything that isn't waiting. I am easily the most impatient person I know and when I'm excited about something the only thing I want to do is obsess over it and plan outfits. Sadly, I decided to take a couple of online summer classes on top of all this craziness so I need to learn about the sociological and psychological effects of illicit drugs instead. I also need to take care of my puppy because she isn't feeling well. The poor thing keeps eating grass.


Also, Randy Lutterman's phone number is all over this packet, so I feel like she's a friend or something like that.

Just to reiterate: I'M SO EXCITED!

1 comment:

  1. Cracking. Up. Right now. I'm just visualizing rubbing your puppy's tummy while flipping frantically through your closet...

    Also, yes, you go be a representative for actors who are also knowledgeable backstage! There should be more of you. Many more.

    ReplyDelete

Feel free to leave comments or questions! I like knowing what people think :)